Scholarship applications will be accepted from Thursday, February 1, 2024 through Friday, March 15, 2024!
Purpose: To further the Greater Vail Area Chamber of Commerce (GVACC) mission of supporting economic growth and community enrichment, the Chamber has established a scholarship fund to support students who have been working toward their future profession. The purpose of the Chamber scholarship fund is to identify students who have demonstrated initiative in pursuing their post high school vocation and to support them in the pursuit of their passion. Funding for the GVACC scholarships is provided by the proceeds generated at various Chamber events.
Award Components: In 2024, the Chamber will award three (3) scholarships valued at $1,000 each, one of which will be titled the Pete Inks Memorial Scholarship.
- Students must fill out the application form
- Students must submit a one-page essay describing:
- Their pursuit of a future career path
- The next steps they plan on taking toward their success in that field
- How the assistance will impact their plans
- Students must submit a letter of recommendation from a teacher/mentor who has a connection with the student's current activities
- Students must submit a copy of their resume
All four documents must be submitted to the GVACC Scholarship Committee, no later than Friday, March 15, 2024. There are three ways to submit:
- Scholarship Application may be completed and supporting documents uploaded by clicking the Scholarship Application link under 'Ready to Apply?' below
- Email documents to Brad Anderson: email@example.com
- Drop off at Vail Chamber Connection located at 13105 E Colossal Cave Rd in Vail, AZ 85641
Late applications will not be accepted.
- Applicant must be a current Senior in good standing enrolled in the Vail Unified School District.
- Weighted consideration will be given to applicants who best demonstrate a history of pursuing their passion while in high school and have a well thought out plan to achieve the necessary post high school education to reach their professional goals.
- Weighted consideration will be given to letters demonstrating excellent grammar and the ability to express themselves.
- Consideration will only be given to applicants who have plans to attend an accredited post high school institution in the state of Arizona, but it need not be a college or university.
- Weighted consideration will be given to students who plan to work in the Greater Vail Area upon completion of their post high school coursework.
- The Pete Inks Memorial Scholarship will have weighted consideration given to students who have demonstrated community involvement and volunteer commitments.
Recipient Announcement and Payment:
The Greater Vail Chamber of Commerce will notify the winners on or before May 1, 2024. It is hopeful the winning recipients will attend a GVACC breakfast as the Chamber's honored guest. Date of this event will forthcoming. The actual check will be made out and sent to the Arizona institution of the student's choice payable to the student's account before start of registration for the Fall 2024 semester.
Ready to Apply?
Click on the following link: Scholarship Application. Fill out the application and upload all your supporting documents at the end of the form. Good luck!